"My chief objective is to tell you that I love you in the Lord; that I feel deeply interested about the Lord's work in China, and that I pray daily for you. I thought it might be a little encouragement to you in your difficulties, trials, hardships, and disappointments to hear of one more who feels for you and who remembers you before the Lord. But were it otherwise, had you even no one to care for you--or did you at least seem to be in a position as if no one cared for you--you will always have the Lord to be with you. Remember Paul's case at Rome (2 Tim. 4:16-18)." (p.170)I am both excited and anxious about the future. I know that only with prayers and submission to His guidance would anything meaningful be accomplished. I would like to invite you be "George" in my life. Would you please pray about sharing this journey of faith with me together.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Will you be my "George"?
As I was reading the book Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret, I have noted this important person in Taylor's life and in the CIM ministry. I have been praying to God for sending a similar person in my life too. (No, no, not a spouse.) In term of worldly possession, he was described as one "with no more resources than the birds of the air or lilies of the field". Yet, on George Muller's shoulder, there were two thousand orphan children to support. All the challenges in life didn't stop him from praying for the people and work in China. In one of his letters to Hudson Taylor, George wrote:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment